Vetiver essential oil’s aroma is earthy, eclectic, and exotic. It originates from a perennial grass native to the tropical regions in Asia. Because Vetiver is produced from the steam distillation of the plant’s root, the oil has a woodsy scent. It was used in ancient times, and the oil’s popularity still exists as an ingredient in colognes and fragrances—especially for men—as well as in soaps and moisturizers. Vetiver is great to diffuse in work and study areas because its diverse aroma helps create an uplifting environment. Due to its viscosity, we recommend diluting Vetiver with a carrier oil.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- May help appearance of even skin tone
- Apply topically before sleep and let the aroma create peaceful, comfortable sleeping environment
- Has an earthy, balancing aroma
- Aromatic features promote a focused environment and a calm, relaxing atmosphere
From the bottle: Woodsy, smoky, and slightly sweet
Vetiveria zizanoides† (Vetiver) root oil
† 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
Add a few drops of Vetiver to V-6 and massage it on skin for a dual benefit: a calming aroma and the appearance of an even skin tone.
- Dilute Vetiver’s earthy aroma with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex and diffuse it around the house or in your office to promote a focused environment.
- Add 5–10 drops of Vetiver to your hot bath for a relaxing, calming aroma to ease occasional restlessness as part of your bedtime routine.
- Combine V-6, 3 drops of Lavender, and 2 drops of Vetiver for a calming diffuser blend that’s perfect for a relaxing evening after a long day of work.
WHERE TO DIFFUSE
- Free your mind for an important project in a study or den with its relaxing, welcoming fragrance.
- Set the mood for sleep by filling your bedroom with its grounding, soothing aroma.
- Treat yourself to a spa-like retreat by infusing your bathroom with its exotic scent.
Diffusing Vetiver’s earthy, exotic aroma can help promote a nostalgic, focused environment. You can also add it to your skin care cream to support the appearance of an even skin tone.
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily
CAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.